Tuesday, 8 July 2014
Blinkbox is Tesco's movie streaming service that they have been running now for about a year. For new account holders, there is a valuable promotion on offer at the moment, which in association with Topcashback, can result in you getting 2400 Avios for a £5 outlay.
Thursday, 3 July 2014
Sunday, 29 June 2014
Just a quick post to confirm that the miles from the AADVANTAGE passport promo, that I did an article on a few months ago, hit my account during the week. I got 935 miles, but if you went the whole hog and completed some of the stamps related to instagram etc, you should have received closer to 1100 Miles.
The T&C did say that the promo was only valid for US residents, but clearly this wasn't too strictly enforced, as my AA account has my UK address on it.
Monday, 26 May 2014
IHG has launched a special summer promotion, in association with British swimming, offering up to 50% off standard best flex rates at hotels in the UK and Europe, on a very limited basis.
The booking page for the promotion can be found here.
Some things to note about the promotion.
- The rates are non-refundable, you pay when you book, and can not get your money back
- It's highly likely that this is a non-qualifying rate, and thus you will get neither points nor stay credit
- Availability is mostly during the weekends, although some hotels might have some mid week availability.
- You must book by the 31st July. Your stay can be between the 18th of July and the 28th Sept
You will note that the booking T&C state you need either a "membership ID" or an IHG voucher. This page gives you a link to the required voucher, and tells you what you need to fill in on the voucher. Apparently, IHG are happy enough if you are just a fan of British swimming, and thus this promotion is more or less open to anyone.
A test booking for the Holiday Inn Mayfair, 29th of August for 2 nights (bank holiday weekend) gives a rate of £114 versus £199, a 42% saving.
Interestingly, there are some hotels that are participating, but that are not on the list. For example, the IC Le Grand, Paris, does not appear on the list, but offers a rate of €187 against a regular non-refundable rate of €302, a 38% saving, a very decent saving.
Sunday, 18 May 2014
Two AA miles related offers.
1) A quick reminder that AA's "passport" facebook game, that allows you to collect in excess of 1000 AA miles, comes to an end on the 23rd of May. So if you haven't already looked at it, you can recap on my earlier post about it here.
2) If anyone is heading to the USA over the next few months, and you have a US credit/debit card, you should sign up for the AA dining programme. This programme gets you AA miles when you eat at certain restaurants and casual dining venues. New sign-ups who register and spend $30 before the end of August will get 2000 AA miles. You can check out a post about my experience with the programme here, which at the time only had 1000 bonus miles for a new signup.
You can sign-up to the AAdvantage dining programme here